- November 7, 2009 - ANS booth at conference on “Robotics Technology & The Next Frontier in Surgical Care” http://roboticsaz.com/program.php (Drs. Ranu Jung and Oliver Graudejus)
- October, 2009 - Charla Lindley and Mu Qiao volunteered at the Banner Wheelchair Suns 11th Annual Basketball Blowout. This was a wheelchair basketball event in conjunction with Arizona Disabled Sports and held in Mesa. Charla and Mu assisted by working at the score table during the event. Event flyer | Event flyer, volunteers listed
- March 20-24, 2009 - Sharmila Venugopal, Postdoc and Charla Lindley, Graduate Student for the Center for Adaptive will volunteer as judges and assist with the following event Arizona Science and Engineering Fair at the Phoenix Convention Center, 100 N Third Street, Phoenix.
- Jan. 31, 2009 - Students and staff of the Center for Adaptive Neural Systems set up a booth at the Engineering Expo 2009. This was an opportunity to showcase Engineering as a vehicle for the integration of science and math in ways that connect youngsters to the joys, challenges, and relevance of a future in engineering. Activities at our booth included an interactive posture test, a demonstration of functional electrical stimulation, video clips from our three-dimensional motion analysis systems, and activity worksheets relating to neurophysiology. Read more (view pics)
- 2008 - The Graduate College has added a webpage called “Strategies for Success” (http://graduate.asu.edu/sfs/index.html) that has a lot of information that is useful to students as various stages through their graduate education. Dr. Ranu Jung, is featured in the podcast “Routines, Habits and Tactics” for Habits of Successful Researchers and Scholars. Read more
- May 19-23, 2008 - Seung-Jae Kim consulted with the exhibit development team at the Utah Science Center and the University of Utah. The interactive exhibits Dr.Kim has developed include a unique A Slice of You interactive anatomy experience, based on the Visible Human data set, Is it REALLY Diamond?- a unique molecular fingerprinting exhibit using the fiber optic spectrometer, and several others exhibits. These are now key components of traveling science education program (the Leonardo on wheels-science, http://utahsciencecenter.org/lows/)
- October 10, 2007, Ranu Jung spoke at the "Technology
Enhanced Lifestyles-The Human Repair Shop", Breakfast Research
Forum. Memorial Union, Arizona State University. Read
- October 18, 2007. Jimmy Abbas was a panelist in a session
on "Applied Research: The Translational Bridge Between Lab and
Marketplace" at the 3rd Annual Commercializing Arizona Life
Sciences Forum, (Phoenix, AZ), http://www.asutechnopolis.org/
- March 22, 2007, 1 pm -3 pm, President's Community Enrichment
Program, ASU Fulton Center. James J. Abbas, PhD
"Traumatic Spinal Cord Injuries: Adaptation and Recovery"
For more information: www.asufoundation.org/pcep/program-detail.asp
- January 19, 2007, 5:30pm-6:30pm, Science Cafe, Arizona Science
Center, 600 E. Washington Street, Phoenix, AZ
Adaptive Technologies for the
Central Nervous System: Are We Changing What it Means to be Human?
- Dr. Ranu Jung, Associate Professor, Harrington Department of
Bioengineering, Ira A. Fulton School of Engineering, and Director,
Center for Adaptive Neural Systems, Biodesign Institute, Arizona
- Dr. Jason Robert, Assistant Professor, School of Life Sciences
and Research Team Leader, Center for Nanotechnology in Society
at Arizona State University
- For more information: http://cns.asu.edu/cafe/jan07cafe.html
- January 22, 2007 - ASU Electronics Group Research Expo
3:00pm - 6:30pm, ASU, University
Club, Tempe, Arizona
First Inaugural ASU Electronics
Exposition, sponsored in part by the Center for Adaptive Neural Systems.
Free Registration: Space is limited. Register by January 15, 2007
- October 28th, 2006 8:30am-4:30pm, Arizona Paralympic Academy
and Disability Sports Expo, Student Recreation Center, Arizona State
Students and staff of the Center for Adaptive Neural Systems assisted in this annual one-day event hosted by St. Joseph’s
Hospital Recreation Therapy Department, Arizona Paralympic Academy
- April 19, 2006 - Ira A. Fulton School of Engineering Discovery
Tour of ANS facilities
- November 10, 2005 -"Adventures in Learning"
President's Community Enrichment
James Abbas and Thomas
"Unlocking the Mysteries of the Brain"
October 20 - November
10, 4 weeks,
Thursdays, 10:00a.m. - 12:00p.m.
ASU Foundation Building, 6th
Cost: $120 per person
Book Club Potluck
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
by Mark Haddon. "It was 7 minutes after midnight..."
February 3, 2007, 6:00pm, 11481 E. Bella Vista Drive, Scottsdale (potluck)
- Moving Violations: War Zones, Wheelchairs and Declarations of Independence
by John Hockenberry.
October 28, 2006, 6:00pm, 11481 E. Bella Vista Drive, Scottsdale (potluck)
- Oct. 23, 2009 – ISTB1 227
Nandini Deshpande, MSc, PhD(c), Denise M. Connelly, PhD, Elsie G. Culham, PhD, Patrick A. Costigan, PhD. Reliability and Validity of Ankle Proprioceptive Measures. Arch Phys Med Rehabil Vol 84, June 2003
- Sept. 25, 2009 – ISTB1 227
McMulkin, ML, Osebold, WR, Mildes, RD, and Rosenquist, RS.
Comparison of Three Pediatric Prosthetic Feet During Functional Activities.
Journal of Prosthetics and Orthotics, Volume 16, Number 3, 2004
- Aug. 14, 2009 – ISTB1 227
Mu Qiao and Devin L. Jindrich
Do Humans Stabilize Running Like Robots?
- Feb. 9, 2009 – ISTB1 227
Weaver, FM, Follett, K, Stern, M, Hur, K, Harris, C, Marks, WJ, Rothlind, J, Sagher, O, Reda, D, Moy, CS, Pahwa, R, Burchiel, K, Hogarth, P, Lai, EC, Duda, JE, Hooloway, K, Samii, A, Horn, S, Bronstein, J, Stoner, G, Heemskerk, J, Huang, GD.
Bilateral Deep Brain Stimulation vs Best Medical Therapy for Patients With Advanced Parkinson Disease – A Randomized Controlled Trial
Journal of American Medical Association, Vol. 301, No. 1, 63-73, 2009
- Oct. 31, 2008 – ISTB1 227
Kuiken T, Marasco P, Lock B, Norman Harden R, Dewald J¶
Redirection of cutaneous sensation from the hand to the chest skin of human amputees with targeted reinnervation
PNAS _ December 11, 2007 _ vol. 104 _ no. 50 _ 20061–20066
- Oct, 10, 2008 – ISB1 227
Grimmer S, Ernst M, Günther M, Blickhan R
Running on uneven ground: leg adjustment to vertical steps and self-stability
The Journal of Experimental Biology 211, 2989-3000
Published by The Company of Biologists 2008 doi:10.1242/jeb.014357
- Sept. 26, 2008 – ISTB1 227
Barrière G, Leblond H, Provencher J, Rossignol S.
Prominent role of the spinal central pattern generator in the recovery of locomotion after partial spinal cord injuries.
J Neurosci. 2008 Apr 9;28(15):3976-87.
- June 13, 2008 - ISTB1 227
Park, J-P, Kim, K-J, Phi, JH, Park, C-K, Kim, J-H, Kang,
H J, Lee, D, Han, K H, Wang,K-C, Paek, S H
Simple measurement of
spinal cord evoked
source in the
rat spinal cord injury model.
Journal of Clinical Neuroscience 14: 1099-1105,
- May 9, 2008 - ISTB1 227
Downing AL, MS, Ganley KJ, PT, PhD, Fay DR, PT, DPT, PCS and Abbas JJ, PhD
Temporal Characteristics of Lower
Extremity Force Generation in Children with Cerebral
Palsy, in preparation
- April 25, 2008 - ISTB1 227
Sampson EE, MD, Burnham RS, MD, Andrews BJ, PhD
Functional Electrical Stimulation Effect on Orthostatic Hypotension After Spinal Cord Injury.
Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 81: 139-143, 2000.
- April 25, 2008 - ISTB1 227
Chao CY, MSc, Cheing GL, PhD
The Effects of Lower-Extremity Functional Electric Stimulation on the Orthostatic Responses of People With Tetraplegia.
Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 86: 1427-1433, 2005.
- ISTB1 227
Udina E, Furey M, Busch S, Silver J, Gordon T, and Fouad K
Electrical stimulation of intact peripheral sensory axons in rats promotes outgrowth of their central projections.
Experimental neurology 210: 238-247, 2008.
- April 11, 2008 - ISTB 227
Edgerton VR, Courtine G, Gerasimenko YP, Lavrov I, Ichiyama RM, Fong AJ, Cai LL, Otoshi CK, Tillakaratne NJ, Burdick JW, and Roy RR
Training locomotor networks. Brain Res, Rev 2007
- Febuary 22, 2008 - ISTB1 227
Herr H, and Popovic M
Angular momentum in human walking.
The Journal of experimental biology 211: 467-481, 2008
- January 25, 2008 - ISTB1 227
Jindrich DL, Courtine G, Liu JJ, McKay HL, Moseanko R, Bernot TJ, Roy RR, Zhong H, Tuszynski MH, Edgerton VR
Dynamics of unconstrained three-dimensional reaching movements by Rhesus monkeys, in preparation