- A. Pena, J.J. Abbas, and R. Jung, “Channel-hopping during surface electrical neurostimulation elicits selective, comfortable, distally referred sensations”, J. Neural Eng. 2021.
- Fisher II, G. DeGrandi-Hoffman, B.H. Smith, M. Johnson, O. Kaftanoglu, T. Cogley, J.H. Fewell, J.F. Harrison, “Colony field test reveals dramatically higher toxicity of a widely-used mito-toxic fungicide on honey bees (Apis mellifera)”, Environmental Pollution, 2021.
- T. Reckell, K. Nguyen, T. Phan, S.M. Crook, E.J. Kostelich, Y. Kuang, “Modeling the synergistic properties of drugs in hormonal treatment for prostate cancer”, J. Theoretical Biology, 2021.
- N. Muthukrishnan, J.J. Abbas, H.A. Shill, and N. Krishnamurthi, “A Wearable Sensor System to Measure Step-Based Gait Parameters for Parkinson’s Disease Rehabilitation”, Sensors, 2020.
- C.N. Cook, N.J. Lemanski, T. Mosqueiro, C. Ozturk, J. Gadau, N. Pinter-Wollman, B.H. Smith, “Individual learning phenotypes drive collective behavior”, PNAS, Vol. 117:30, 2020.
- M. Rouhani, S.M. Baer, S.M. Crook, “A stage-structured population model for activity-dependent dendritic spines”, Journal of Biological Dynamics, 2020.
- R. Siu, J.J. Abbas, D.D. Fuller, J. Gomes, S. Renaud, and R. Jung, “Autonomous control of ventilation through closed-loop adaptive respiratory pacing”, Scientific Reports, 10(1):21903, 2020.
- J. Stearns, J. Twaibu, D. Kwaku, V. Pizziconi, J. Abbas, A. Gotimukul, and D. Jaroscewski. “Efficacy of standard chest compressions in patients with Nuss bars”, J. Thoracic Dis., Vol. 12 (8), pp. 4299-4306, 2020.
- S.W. Dietrich, D. Goelman, J. Broatch, S.M. Crook, B. Ball, K. Kobojek, J. Ortiz, “Using formative assessment for improving pedagogy: reflections on feedback informing database visualizations”, ACM Inroads, 2020.
- M.M. Bennett, C.N. Cook, B.H. Smith, H. Lei, “Early olfactory, but not gustatory processing, is affected by the selection of heritable cognitive phenotypes in honey bee”, Journal of Comparative Physiology A, 2020.
- N. Krishnamurthi, J. Fleury, M. Belyea, H. Shill, and J.J. Abbas. “ReadySteady Intervention to Promote Physical Activity in Older Adults with Parkinson’s Disease: Study Design and Methods”. Contemporary Clinical Trials Communications, Vol. 17 (http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.conctc.2019.100513), 2020.
- T. Phan, S.M. Crook, A.H. Bryce, C.C. Maley, E.J. Kostelich, Y. Kuang, “Mathematical modeling of prostate cancer and clinical application”, Applied Sciences, 2020
- L. Larkey, W. Kim, D. James, M. Kishida, M. Vizcaino, J. Huberty, N. Krishnamurthi, “Mind-Body and Psychosocial Interventions May Similarly Affect Heart Rate Variability Patterns in Cancer Recovery: Implications for a Mechanism of Symptom Improvement”, Integr Cancer Ther, 2020.
- S.M. Crook, A.P. Davison, R.A. McDougal, H.E. Plesser, “Reproducibility and Rigour in Computational Neuroscience”, Frontiers in Neuroinformatics, 2020.
- B.H. Smith, C.N. Cook, “Experimental psychology meets behavioral ecology: What laboratory studies of learning polymorphisms mean for learning under natural conditions, and vice versa”, J. Neurogenetics, 2020.
- N. Krishnamurthi, C. Murphey, E. Driver-Dunckley, “A comprehensive Movement and Motion training program improves mobility in Parkinson’s disease”, Aging Clin Exp Res. 2020.
- C.M. Jernigan, R. Halby, R.C. Gerkin, I. Sinakevitch, F. Locatelli, B.H. Smith, “Experience-dependent tuning of early olfactory processing in the adult honey bee, Apis mellifera”, J. Experimental Biology, 2020.
- R. Jung and J. Abbas, “Utilizing prosthetic technology to improve quality of life: an interview with Ranu Jung and James Abbas”, Bioelectronics in Medicine, 2(3), (https://doi.org/10.2217/bem-2020-0002), 2020.
- N. Muthukrishnan, J.J. Abbas, H.A. Shill, and N. Krishnamurthi, “Cueing Paradigms to Improve Gait and Posture in Parkinson’s Disease: A Narrative Review”, Sensors, (doi:10.3390/s19245468), 2019.
- P. Gleeson, M. Cantarelli, B. Marin, A. Quintana, …., S.M. Crook, …, W. Van Geit, R. Silver, “Open source brain: a collaborative resource for visualizing, analyzing, simulating, and developing standardized models of neurons and circuits”, Neuron, 2019.
- N. Lemanski, C. Cook, B.H. Smith, N. Pinter-Wollman, “A multiscale review of behavioral variation in collective foraging behavior in honey bees, Insects, 10:11, 2019
- C.N. Cook, T. Mosqueiro, C.S. Brent, C.Ozturk, J. Gadau, N. Pinter‐Wollman, B.H. Smith, “Individual differences in learning and biogenic amine levels influence the behavioural division between foraging honeybee scouts and recruits”, Journal of Animal Ecology (88:2), 2019
- M. Neal, M. König, D. Nickerson, … S.M. Crook, …. D. Waltemath. “Harmonizing semantic annotations for computational models in biology”, Briefings in Bioinformatics, 2019.
- R.C. Gerkin, J. Birgiolas, R.J. Jarvis, C. Omar, S.M. Crook, “NeuronUnit: A package for data-driven validation of neuron models using SciUnit”, bioRxiv, 2019.
- A.S. Alqarni, H. Ali, J. Iqbal, A.A. Owayss, B.H. Smith, “Expression of heat shock proteins in adult honey bee (Apis mellifera L.) workers under hot-arid subtropical ecosystems”, Saudi J. Biological Sciences, 2019.
- J. Iqbal, H. Ali, A.A. Owayss, H.Raweh, M. Engel, A. Alqarni, B.H. Smith, “Olfactory associative behavioral differences in three honey bee Apis mellifera L. races under the arid zone ecosystem of central Saudi Arabia”, Saudi J. Biological Sciences, 2019.
- S. Kraberger, C.N. Cook, K. Schmidlin, R.S. Fontenele, J. Bautista, B.H. Smith, A. Varsani, “Diverse single-stranded DNA viruses associated with honey bees (Apis mellifera)”, Infection, Genetics and Evolution, 2019.
- R. Siu, J.J. Abbas, B.K. Hillen, J. Gomes, S. Coxe, J. Castelli, S. Renaud, R. Jung, ” Restoring ventilatory control using an adaptive bioelectronic system”, J Neurotrauma , (doi.org/10.1089/neu.2018.6358), 2019
- A. Pena, L. Rincon-Gonzalez, J.J. Abbas, and R. Jung, ” Effects of vibrotactile feedback and grasp interface compliance on perception and control of a sensorized myoelectric hand “, PLOS One , 14(1), e0210956. (doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0210956), 2019
- CM Burden, MO Morgan, KR Hladun, GV Amdam, JJ Trumble, BH Smith, “Acute sublethal exposure to toxic heavy metals alters honey bee (Apis mellifera) feeding behavior”, Scientific reports , 9 (1), 4253, 2019
- B.M. Bartels, A. Moreno, M.J. Quezada, H. Sivertson, J. Abbas, and N. Krishnamurthi, ” Real-Time Feedback Derived from Wearable Sensors to Improve Gait in Parkinson�s Disease “, Technology & Innovation , Vol. 20, pp. 37-46 (doi.org/10.21300/20.1-2.2018.37), 2018
- Neal, M, M Koenig, D Nickerson, G Misirli, R Kalbasi, A Drager, K Atalag, V Chelliah, M Cooling, D Cook, S Crook, M de Alba, S Friedman, A Garny, J Gennari, P Gleeson, M Golebiewski, M Hucka, N Juty, C Myers, B Oivier, H Sauro, M Scharm, J Snoep, V Toure, A Wipat, O Wolkenhauer, D Waltemath, “Harmonizing semantic annotations for computational models in biology “, Briefings in Bioinformatics , bby087. doi:10.1093/bib/bby087, 2018
- Gerkin, RC, RJ Jarvis, SM Crook, “Towards systematic, data-driven validation of a collaborative, multi-scale model of C. elegans “, Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B , 373:20170381. doi:10.1098.rstb.2017.0381, 2018
- HK Chan, F Hersperger, E Marachlian, BH Smith, F Locatelli, P Szyszka, ” Odorant mixtures elicit less variable and faster responses than pure odorants “, PLoS computational biology , 14 (12), e1006536, 2018
- R. Jung, J.J. Abbas, S Kuntaegowdanahalli, and A.K. Thota, “Bionic intrafascicular interfaces for recording and stimulating peripheral nerve fibers “, Bioelectronics in Medicine, Vol. 1(1), pp. 55-69, (doi.org/10.2217/bem-2017-0009), 2018.
- I Sinakevitch, GR Bjorklund, JM Newbern, RC Gerkin, BH Smith, “Comparative study of chemical neuroanatomy of the olfactory neuropil in mouse, honey bee, and human”, Biological cybernetics , 1-14, 2018
- Bilinsky, L.M. & Baer, S.M., “Slow Passage Through a Hopf Bifurcation in Excitable Nerve Cables: Spatial Delays and Spatial Memory Effects”, Bull Math Biol, 80: 130. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11538-017-0366-2, 2018
- O. Graudejus, T. Li, J. Cheng, N. Keiper, R. Ponce Wong, A.B. Pak, and J. Abbas, “The Effects of Bending on the Resistance of Elastically Stretchable Metal Conductors, and a comparison with stretching”, Appl. Phys. Lett , 110, 221906 (doi: 10.1063/1.4984207), 2017
- A.E. Pena, S. Kuntaegowdanahalli, J.J. Abbas, J. Patrick, K.W. Horch and R. Jung , “Mechanical fatigue resistance of an implantable branched lead system for a distributed set of longitudinal intrafascicular electrodes”, J Neural Eng , Vol. 14, 066014, (doi: https://doi.org/10.1088/1741-2552/aa814d), 2017
- J. Birgiolas, CM Jernigan, BH Smith, SM Crook,”SwarmSight: Measuring the temporal progression of animal group activity levels from natural-scene and laboratory videos”, Behav Res Methods , 49(2):576-587, 2017
- J.J. Abbas, B. Smith, M. Poluta, A. Velazquez-Berumen,”Improving Health Care Delivery in Low-Resource Settings with Nanotechnology: Challenges in Multiple Dimensions”, Nanobiomedicine , Vol 4, pp. 1-14. (doi: 10.1177/1849543517701158), 2017
- Sinakevitch IT, Daskalova SM, Smith BH ,”The Biogenic Amine Tyramine and its Receptor (AmTyr1) in Olfactory Neuropils in the Honey Bee (Apis mellifera) Brain”, Front Syst Neurosci , 11:77. doi: 10.3389/fnsys.2017.00077, 2017
- Gerkin RC, Adler CH, Hentz JG, Shill HA, Driver-Dunckley E, Mehta SH, Sabbagh MN, Caviness JN, Dugger BN, Serrano G, Belden C, Smith BH, Sue L, Davis KJ, Zamrini E, Beach TG.,”Improved diagnosis of Parkinson’s disease from a detailed olfactory phenotype”, Ann Clin Transl Neurol. , 4(10):714-721. doi: 10.1002/acn3.447, 2017
- J. Birgiolas, CM Jernigan, RC Gerkin, BH Smith, SM Crook,”SwarmSight: Real-time tracking of insect antenna movement and proboscis extension reflex using a common preparation and conventional hardware”, Journal of Visualized Experiments , (130), e56803. doi:10.3791/56803, 2017
- M. Qiao, J. Abbas and D. Jindrich , “A model for differential leg joint function during human running”, Bioinspiration and Biomimetics , Vol 12(1), (doi: 10.1088/1748-3190/aa50b0), 2017
- C. Howard, C. Wallace, J. Abbas, and D. Stokic , “Residual Standard Deviation: Validation of a New Measure of Dual-Task Cost in Below-Knee Prosthesis Users”, Gait & Posture , Vol 15, pp. 91-96, (doi:dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.gaitpost.2016.09.025), 2017
- Sinakevitch I, Bjorklund GR, Newbern JM, Gerkin RC, Smith BH ,”Comparative study of chemical neuroanatomy of the olfactory neuropil in mouse, honey bee, and human”, Biol Cybern , Aug 29. doi: 10.1007/s00422-017-0728-8, 2017
- N. Krishnamurthi, H. Shill, D. O�Donnell, P. Mahant, J. Samanta, A. Lieberman and J. Abbas, “Polestriding intervention improves gait and axial symptoms in mild to moderate Parkinson’s disease”, Arch PM&R , Vol. 98(4), pp. 613-621 (doi: 10.1016/j.apmr.2016.10.002), 2017
- A. Zbrzeski, Y. Bornat, B. Hillen, R. Siu, J. Abbas, R. Jung, and S. Renaud, “Bio-inspired Controller on an FPGA applied to Closed-loop Diaphragmatic Stimulation”, Frontiers in Neuroscience , Vol. 10, (doi:dx.doi.org/10.3389/fnins.2016.00275), 2016
- Locatelli FF, Fernandez PC, Smith BH, “Learning about natural variation of odor mixtures enhances categorization in early olfactory processing.”, J Exp Biol. , 219(Pt 17):2752-62, 2016
- Burden CM, Elmore C, Hladun KR, Trumble JT, Smith BH ,”Acute exposure to selenium disrupts associative conditioning and long-term memory recall in honey bees (Apis mellifera)”, Ecotoxicol Environ Saf , 127:71-9. doi: 10.1016/j.ecoenv.2015.12.034, 2016
- Berger SD, Crook SM.,”Modeling the Influence of Ion Channels on Neuron Dynamics in Drosophila”, Front Comput Neurosci. , 9:139. doi: 10.3389/fncom.2015.00139, 2015
- A.K. Thota, S. Kuntaegowdanahalli, A.K. Starosciak, J.J. Abbas, J. Orbay, K.W. Horch, R. Jung, “A System and Method to Interface with Multiple Groups of Axons in Several Fascicles of Peripheral Nerves”, J. Neurosci Methods , (doi:dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jneumeth.2014.07.020), 2015
- J. Jellish, J.J. Abbas, T. Ingalls, P. Mahant, J. Samanta, M.C. Ospina and N. Krishnamurthi, “ A System for Real-Time Feedback to Improve Gait and Posture in Parkinson�s Disease�”, IEEE J Biomedical and Health Informatics, vol.19, no.6, pp.1809-1819,
- doi: 10.1109/JBHI.2015.2472560, 2015.
- Kang, W.H., W. Cao, O. Graudejus, T. Patel, S. Wagner, D.F. Meaney, and B. Morrison III. “Alterations in Hippocampal Network Activity after In Vitro Traumatic Brain Injury “, Journal of Neurotrauma, 2015, 32(13): 1011-1019. doi:10.1089/neu.2014.3667.
- M. Qiao and D. L. Jindrich, “Leg Joint Function during Walking Acceleration and Deceleration “, Journal of Biomechanics, 2015
- B.K. Hillen, D.L. Jindrich, J.J. Abbas ,G. T. Yamaguchi, and R. Jung, “Effects of spinal cord injury induced changes in muscle activation on foot drag in a computational rat ankle model “, J Neurophys, 2015.
- CL Gardner, JR Jones, SM Baer, SM Crook, “Drift-diffusion simulation of the ephaptic effect in the triad synapse of the retina “, Journal of computational neuroscience, 38 (1), 129-142, 2015
- RJ Brackney, RC Gerkin, BH Smith, “Molecular Nearest Neighbors Determine Mouse Olfactory Generalization to Overlapping Odorant Mixtures “, Chemical Senses, 40 (7), 563-564, 2015
- JY Chen, E Marachlian, C Assisi, R Huerta, BH Smith, F Locatelli, “Learning Modifies Odor Mixture Processing to Improve Detection of Relevant Components “, The Journal of Neuroscience, 35 (1), 179-197, 2015
- M.N. Abdelghani, J.J. Abbas, K.W. Horch, and R. Jung, “A functional model and simulation of spinal motor pools and intrafascicular recordings of motoneuron activity in peripheral nerve “, Front. Neurosci. , 8:371. (doi:10.3389/fnins.2014.00371), 2014
- M. Qiao and D. L. Jindrich, “Compensations during Unsteady Locomotion “, Integrative and Comparative
Biology. vol. 54, issue A1. pp. 1109-1121, 2014
- M. Qiao, B. Brown, and D. L. Jindrich, “Compensations for Increased Rotational Inertia during Human
Cutting Turns “, Journal of Experimental Biology. vol. 217, issue Pt 3. pp. 432-443, 2014
- P Szyszka, RC Gerkin, CG Galizia, BH Smith, “High-speed odor transduction and pulse tracking by insect olfactory receptor neurons “, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 111 (47), 16925-16930, 2014
- BH Smith, CM Burden, “A Proboscis Extension Response Protocol for Investigating Behavioral Plasticity in Insects: Application to Basic, Biomedical, and Agricultural Research “, JoVE (Journal of Visualized Experiments) , e51057-e51057, 2014
- A.K. Thota, S. Kuntaegowdanahalli, A.K. Starosciak, J.J. Abbas, J. Orbay, K.W. Horch, R. Jung, “A system and method to interface with multiple groups of axons in several fascicles of peripheral nerves “, J. Neuroscience Methods, (dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jneumeth.2014.07.020), 2014.
- M. Qiao and D. L. Jindrich, “Task-level Strategies for Human Sagittal-Plane Running Maneuvers are Consistent with Robotic Control Policies “, PLoS ONE, vol. 7, issue 12. pp. e51888, 2013
- B.K. Hillen, J.J. Abbas and R. Jung, “Accelerating Locomotor Recovery After Incomplete Spinal Injury “, Annals NY Acad Sciences, Vol. 1279, pp. 164-174, 2013.
- B.K. Hillen, G. T. Yamaguchi, J.J. Abbas and R. Jung, “Joint-specific changes in locomotor complexity in the absence of muscle atrophy following incomplete spinal cord injury “, doi:10.1186/1743-0003-10-97, J NeuroEngineering and Rehabilitation, 10:97, 2013.
- SM Crook, AP Davison, HE Plesser, “Learning from the past: approaches for reproducibility in computational neuroscience, 20 Years of Computational Neuroscience “, Volume 9 of the series Springer Series in Computational Neuroscience, pp. 73-102, 2013
- E Serrano, T Nowotny, R Levi, BH Smith, R Huerta, “Gain control network conditions in early sensory coding “, PLoS Comput. Biol, 9, e1003133, 2013
- M Bazhenov, R Huerta, BH Smith, “A computational framework for understanding decision making through integration of basic learning rules “, The Journal of Neuroscience, 33 (13), 5686-5697, 2013
- IT Sinakevitch, AN Smith, F Locatelli, R Huerta, M Bazhenov, BH Smith, “Apis mellifera octopamine receptor 1 (AmOA1) expression in antennal lobe networks of the honey bee (Apis mellifera) and fruit fly (Drosophila melanogaster) “, Frontiers in Systems Neuroscience, 2013
- A. Conovaloff, N. Krishnamurthi, P. Mahant, J. Samanta, J.J. Abbas, “The Effects of Deep Brain Stimulation Amplitude on Motor Performance in Parkinson�s Disease “, J Parkinson�s Disease & Restless Legs Syndrome, Vol. 2, pp. 73-83, 2012.
- N. Krishnamurthi, S. Mulligan*, P. Mahant, J. Samanta, J.J. Abbas, “Deep Brain Stimulation Amplitude Alters Posture Shift Velocity in Parkinson’s Disease”, doi: 10.1007/s11571-012-9201-5, Cognitive Neurodynamics, 2012.
- O. Graudejus, Z. Jia, T. Li, S. Wagner, Size dependent rupture strain of elastically stretchable metal conductors, Scripta Materialia, 2012, in press
- O. Graudejus, B. Morrison, C. Goletiani, Z. Yu, S. Wagner, Encapsulating elastically stretchable neural interfaces: yield, resolution, and recording/stimulation of neural activity, Advanced Functional Materials, 2012, 22, 640-651
- J. Jones, O. Graudejus, S. Wagner, Elastically stretchable insulation and bi-level metallization and its application in a stretchable RLC circuit, Journal of Electronic Materials, 2011, 40(6), 1335-1344.
- R.J. Triolo, S. Nogan Bailey, M.E. Miller, L.M. Rohde, J.S. Anderson, J.A. Davis, Jr., J.J. Abbas, D.R. Gater, G.P. Forrest, L.A. DiPonio, L.J. Yang, “Longitudinal Performance of a Surgically Implanted Neuroprosthesis for Lower Extremity Exercise, Standing, and Transfers after Spinal Cord Injury”, to appear in Arch PM&R, 2012.
- M.L. Boninger, J. French, J. Abbas, L Nagy, M. Ferguson Pell, S. Johnson Taylor, M. Rodgers, N. Saunders, H. Peckham, R. Marshall, and A. Sherwood, “Technology for mobility in SCI ten years from now”, to appear Spinal Cord, 2012.
- J. Jones, O. Graudejus, S. Wagner, Elastically stretchable insulation and bi-level metallization and its application in a stretchable RLC circuit, Journal of Electronic Materials, 2011, 40(6), 1335-1344.
- Venugopal, S, T Hamm, S Crook, R Jung. Modulation of inhibitory strength and kinetics facilitates regulation of persistent inward currents and motoneuron excitability following spinal cord injury. Journal of Neurophysiology. Published online before print July 2011, doi: 10.1152/jn.00359.2011.
- Kurian M, S Crook and R Jung. Motoneuron model of self-sustained firing after spinal cord injury, Journal of Computational Neuroscience, 2011 (DOI 10.1007/s10827-011-0324-1).
- TM Hamm, VV Turkin, NK Bandekar, D O’Neill, R Jung. Persistent Currents and Discharge Patterns in Rat Hindlimb Motoneurons. Journal of Neurophysiology, 2010 9(June 30, 2010). doi:10.1152/jn.00380.2010)
- VV Turkin, D O’Neill, R Jung, A Iarkov, TM Hamm. Characteristics and Organization of Discharge Properties in Rat Hindlimb Motoneurons. Journal of Neurophysiology, 2010 (June 30, 2010). doi:10.1152/jn.00379.2010)
- S.B.C. Chandra, G.W. Wright, B.H. Smith. (in press) An analysis of the CS preexposure effect in the honeybee, Apis mellifera. Anim Cognition
- S. Ahn, B.H. Smith, A. Borisyuk, D. Terman . (2010) Analyzing neuronal networks using discrete-time dynamics. Physica D: Nonlinear Phenomena 239: 515-528.
- P. Gleeson, S. Crook, R.C. Cannon, M.L. Hines, G.O. Billings, M. Farinella, T.M. Morse, A.P. Davison, S. Ray, U. S. Bhalla, S.R. Barnes, Y.D. Dimitrova, R. A. Silver NeuroML: A Language for Describing Data Driven Models of Neurons and Networks with a High Degree of Biological Detail. PloS Computational Biology. June 17, 2010 (doi:10.1371/journal.pcbi.1000815)
- M.D. Fairchild, S.J. Kim, A. Iarkov, J.J. Abbas and R. Jung. “Repetetive hindlimb movement using intermittent adaptive neuromuscular electrical stimulation in an incomplete spinal cord injury rodent model”., Experimental Neurology, 223(2):623-633, 2010.
- P.C. Fernandez, F.F. Locatelli, N. Rennell, G. Deleo, B.H. Smith. (2009) Reinforcement tunes spatiotemporal dynamics of early olfactory processing. J Neuroscience 29: 10191-10202. * Listed in Faculty of 1000 Biology
- D.D. Wiegmann, B.H. Smith. (2009) Incentive relativity and the specificity of reward expectations in honey bees. Int J Comparative Psychology 22:141-152.
- J.A. Mustard JA, P.M. Pham, B.H. Smith. (2009) Modulation of motor behavior by dopamine and the D1-like dopamine receptor AmDOP2 in the honey bee. J Insect Physiol EPrint
- Z. Yu, O. Graudejus, C. Tsay, S. P. Lacour, S. Wagner, and B. Morrison, “Monitoring hippocampus electrical activity in vitro on an elastically deformable microelectrode array,” J Neurotrauma, vol. 26, pp. 1135-45, 2009.
- D. L. Jindrich, M. S. Joseph, C. K. Otoshi, R. Y. Wei, H. Zhong, R. R. Roy, N. J. Tillakaratne, and V. R. Edgerton, “Spinal learning in the adult mouse using the Horridge paradigm,”J Neurosci Methods, vol. 182, pp. 250-4, 2009.
- D. L. Jindrich and M. Qiao, “Maneuvers during legged locomotion,” Chaos, vol. 19, pp. 026105, 2009.
- D. L. Lee, P. L. Kuo, D. L. Jindrich, and J. T. Dennerlein, “Computer keyswitch force-displacement characteristics affect muscle activity patterns during index finger tapping,”J Electromyogr Kinesiol, vol. 19, pp. 810-20, 2009.
- G. A. Wright, M. Carlton, and B. H. Smith, “A honeybee’s ability to learn, recognize, and discriminate odors depends upon odor sampling time and concentration,”Behav Neurosci, vol. 123, pp. 36-43, 2009.
- T Drezner-Levy,B. H. Smith, Shafir S. (in press) The effect of foraging specialization on various learning tasks in the honey bee (Apis mellifera). Animal Behaviour.
- V. Yarkov, T. C. Der, and J. N. Joyce, “Locomotor activity induced by MK-801 is enhanced in dopamine D(3) receptor knockout mice but suppression by dopamine D(3)/D(2) antagonists does not occur through the dopamine D(3) receptor,”Eur J Pharmacol, 2009.
- V. Yarkov, T. C. Der, and J. N. Joyce, “Age-related differences in MK-801 induced behaviors in dopamine D(3) receptor knock out mice,”Eur J Pharmacol, 2009.
- Jung, R, A. Belanger, T. Kanchiku, M. Fairchild, and J.J. Abbas. “Neuromuscular stimulation therapy after incomplete spinal cord injury promotes interlimb coordination during locomotion”. J. Neural Engineering, 2009, 055010 (14pp) (doi:10.1088/1741-2560/6/6/055010).
- Jung, R., K. Ichihara, G.Venkatasubramanian and J.J. Abbas. “Chronic neuromuscular electrical stimulation of paralyzed hindlimbs in a rodent model”. J Neurosci Methods, 2009, 183:241-254, 2009 (doi:10.1016/j.jneumeth.2009.06.043).
- D.L. Jindrich and M. Qiao, “Maneuvers During Legged Locomotion”. Chaos, in press.
- D.L. Jindrich, M. S. Joseph, C.K. Otoshi, R.Y. Wei, H. Zhong, N.J. Ali, N.J.K Tillakaratne., R. R. Roy, V.R. Edgerton, “Spinal learning in the adult mouse using the Horridge Paradigm”. Journal of Neuroscience Methods, in press
- D. L. Lee, P-L. Kuo, D.L. Jindrich, J. T. Dennerlein. “Computer Keyswitch Force-Displacement Characteristics Affect Muscle Activity Patterns During Index Finger Tapping”. Journal of Electromyography and Kinesiology, in press.
- O. Graudejus, Z. Yu, J. Jones, B. Morrison III, and S. Wagnera, Characterization of an Elastically Stretchable Microelectrode Array and Its Application to Neural Field Potential Recordings, J. Electrochemical Soc., vol. 156(6), P85-P94, 2009.
- A. Downing, K. Ganley, D.R. Fay, and J.J. Abbas, “Temporal characteristics of lower extremity moment generation in children with cerebral palsy”, (Muscle & Nerve, In press).
- S. J. Kim, M. Fairchild, A. Iarlov, J.J. Abbas, R. Jung “Adaptive Control of Movement for Neuromuscular Stimulation-Assisted Therapy in a Rodent Model” IEEE Trans. Biomed. Eng., Vol.56, Issue 2, pp. 452-461, 2009.
- K. Horch, & M Salmon, “Frequency response characteristics of isolated retinas from hatchling leatherback (Dermochelys coriacea L.) and loggerhead (Caretta caretta L.) sea turtles.” J. Neurosci. Meth. vol 178, pp. 276–283, 2009.
- K. Ichihara, G. Venkatasubramanian, J.J. Abbas, and R. Jung. “Neuromuscular electrical stimulation of the hindlimb muscles for movement therapy in a rodent model” J Neuroscience Methods. vol. 176, pp. 213-224, 2009.
- S.M. Baer, S. Crook, *M Dur-e-Ahmad and Z Jackiewicz (2008) Numerical solution of calcium-mediated dendritic branch model. Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics. doi:10.1016/j.cam.2008.04.011
- R.M. Ichiyama, Y. Gerasimenko, D. L. Jindrich, H. Zhong, R. R. Roy, V. R. Edgerton. “Combining epidural stimulation and the 5-HT agonist quipazine induces acute plantar stepping after a complete spinal cord transection in adult rats”. Neuroscience Letters. 438: 281-285.
- M.D. Kubasak, D.L. Jindrich, Zhong H, Takeoka, A, McFarland, KC, Munoz-Quiles, C, Roy RR, Edgerton VR, Ramón-Cueto A, Phelps PE. “Step training enhances improvements in hindlimb plantar stepping and step kinematics promoted by OEG transplantation in adult paraplegic rats”. Brain,131(1):264-76.
- J. C. Gwilliam and K. Horch, “A charge-balanced pulse generator for nerve stimulation applications,” Journal of Neuroscence Methods, vol. 168, pp. 146-150, 2008.
- K. W. Horch, J. P. Gocke, M. Salmon and R. B. Forward, “Visual spectral sensitivity of hatchling loggerhead (Caretta caretta L.) and leatherback (Dermochelys coriacea L.) sea turtles, as determined by single-flash electroretinography,” Marine and Freshwater Behaviour and Physiology, vol. 41, pp. 107-119, 2008.
- J. V. Lynskey, A. Bellanger, and R. Jung, “Activity dependent plasticity in spinal cord injury,” Journal of Rehabilitation Research and Development vol.45(2), pp.220-240, 2008. [pubmed]
- M. D. Kubasak, D. L. Jindrich, H. Zhong, A. Takeoka, K. C. McFarland, C. Munoz-Quiles, R. R. Roy, V. R. Edgerton, A. Ramon-Cueto, and P. E. Phelps, “OEG implantation and step training enhance hindlimb-stepping ability in adult spinal transected rats,” Brain, vol. 131, no. Pt 1, pp. 264-76, Jan, 2008.
- T. Kanchiku, J. V. Lynskey, D. Protas, J. J. Abbas, and R. Jung, “Neuromuscular electrical stimulation induced forelimb movement in a rodent model,” J Neurosci Methods, vol. 167, no. 2, pp. 317-26, Jan 30, 2008.
- W. L. Johnson, D. L. Jindrich, R. R. Roy, and V. Reggie Edgerton, “A three-dimensional model of the rat hindlimb: musculoskeletal geometry and muscle moment arms,” J Biomech, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 610-9, 2008.
- J. C. Gillette, C. A. Stevermer, N. E. Quick, and J. J. Abbas, “Alternative foot placements for individuals with spinal cord injuries standing with the assistance of functional neuromuscular stimulation,” Gait Posture, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 280-5, Feb, 2008.
- J. C. Petruska, R. M. Ichiyama, D. L. Jindrich, E. D. Crown, K. E. Tansey, R. R. Roy, V. R. Edgerton, and L. M. Mendell, “Changes in motoneuron properties and synaptic inputs related to step training after spinal cord transection in rats,” J Neurosci, vol. 27, no. 16, pp. 4460-71, Apr 18, 2007. ¨
- K. S. Olree, and K. W. Horch, “Assessing the numerical accuracy of the impedance method,” Bioelectromagnetics, vol. 28, no. 6, pp. 454-62, Sep, 2007.
- S. J. Kim, A. N. Badi, and R. A. Normann, “Selective activation of cat primary auditory cortex by way of direct intraneural auditory nerve stimulation,” Laryngoscope, vol. 117, no. 6, pp. 1053-62, Jun, 2007.
- D. L. Jindrich, N. C. Smith, K. Jespers, and A. M. Wilson, “Mechanics of cutting maneuvers by ostriches (Struthio camelus),” J Exp Biol, vol. 210, no. Pt 8, pp. 1378-90, Apr, 2007.
- E. A. M. Dur, Z. Jackiewicz, B. Zubik-Kowal, and S. Crook, “A variant of pseudospectral method for activity-dependent dendritic branch model,” J Neurosci Methods, vol. 165, no. 2, pp. 306-19, Sep 30, 2007.
- S. M. Crook, E. A. M. Dur, and S. M. Baer, “A model of activity-dependent changes in dendritic spine density and spine structure,” Math Biosci Eng, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 617-31, Oct, 2007.
- S. Crook, P. Gleeson, F. Howell, J. Svitak, and R. A. Silver, “MorphML: level 1 of the NeuroML standards for neuronal morphology data and model specification,” Neuroinformatics, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 96-104, Summer, 2007.
- E. C. Tuday, K. S. Olree, and K. W. Horch, “Differential activation of nerve fibers with magnetic stimulation in humans,” BMC Neurosci, vol. 7, pp. 58, 2006.
- S. Snow, S. C. Jacobsen, D. L. Wells, and K. W. Horch, “Microfabricated cylindrical multielectrodes for neural stimulation,” IEEE Trans Biomed Eng, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 320-6, Feb, 2006.
- S. Snow, K. W. Horch, and V. K. Mushahwar, “Intraspinal microstimulation using cylindrical multielectrodes,” IEEE Trans Biomed Eng, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 311-9, Feb, 2006.
- K. S. Olree, and K. W. Horch, “Differential activation and block of peripheral nerve fibers by magnetic fields,” Muscle Nerve, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 189-96, Aug, 2006.
- J. B. Myers, J. T. Jolly, T. Nagai, and S. M. Lephart, “Reliability and precision of in vivo scapular kinematic measurements using an electromagnetic tracking device,” Journal of Sport Rehabilitation, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 125-143, 2006.
- S. A. Montero, A. Yarkov, M. Lemus, E. R. de Alvarez-Buylla, and R. Alvarez-Buylla, “Carotid chemoreceptor reflex modulation by arginine-vasopressin microinjected into the nucleus tractus solitarius in rats,” Arch Med Res, vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 709-16, Aug, 2006.
- P. L. Kuo, D. L. Lee, D. L. Jindrich, and J. T. Dennerlein, “Finger joint coordination during tapping,” J Biomech, vol. 39, no. 16, pp. 2934-42, 2006.
- G. G. Konrad, M. Markmiller, J. T. Jolly, A. E. Ruter, N. P. Sudkamp, P. J. McMahon, and R. E. Debski, “Decreasing glenoid inclination improves function in shoulders with simulated massive rotator cuff tears,” Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon), vol. 21, no. 9, pp. 942-9, Nov, 2006.
- G. G. Konrad, J. T. Jolly, J. E. Labriola, P. J. McMahon, and R. E. Debski, “Thoracohumeral muscle activity alters glenohumeral joint biomechanics during active abduction,” J Orthop Res, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 748-56, Apr, 2006.
- S. J. Kim, S. C. Manyam, D. J. Warren, and R. A. Normann, “Electrophysiological mapping of cat primary auditory cortex with multielectrode arrays,” Ann Biomed Eng, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 300-9, Feb, 2006.
- U. Kandemir, R. B. Allaire, J. T. Jolly, R. E. Debski, and P. J. McMahon, “The relationship between the orientation of the glenoid and tears of the rotator cuff,” J Bone Joint Surg Br, vol. 88, no. 8, pp. 1105-9, Aug, 2006.
- D. L. Jindrich, T. F. Besier, and D. G. Lloyd, “A hypothesis for the function of braking forces during running turns,” J Biomech, vol. 39, no. 9, pp. 1611-20, 2006.
- A. D. Balakrishnan, D. L. Jindrich, and J. T. Dennerlein, “Keyswitch orientation can reduce finger joint torques during tapping on a computer keyswitch,” Human Factors, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 121-9, Spring, 2006.
- A. K. Thota, S. C. Watson, E. Knapp, B. Thompson, and R. Jung, “Neuromechanical control of locomotion in the rat,” Journal of Neurotrauma, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 442-465, 2005.
- S. J. Kim, H. Choi, and Y. Youm, “Development of strategies for myoelectric prosthetic control,” J. Biomed. Eng. Res, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 243-249, 2005.
- L. D. Iasemidis, D. S. Shiau, P. M. Pardalos, W. Chaovalitwongse, K. Narayanan, A. Prasad, K. Tsakalis, P. R. Carney, and J. C. Sackellares, “Long-term prospective on-line real-time seizure prediction,” Clin Neurophysiol, vol. 116, no. 3, pp. 532-44, Mar, 2005.
- J. Graham, V. Booth, and R. Jung, “Modeling motoneurons after spinal cord injury: persistent inward currents and plateau potentials,” Neurocomputing, vol. 65, pp. 719-726, 2005.
- G. S. Dhillon, T. B. Kruger, J. S. Sandhu, and K. W. Horch, “Effects of short-term training on sensory and motor function in severed nerves of long-term human amputees,” J Neurophysiol, vol. 93, no. 5, pp. 2625-33, May, 2005.
- G. S. Dhillon, and K. W. Horch, “Direct neural sensory feedback and control of a prosthetic arm,” IEEE Trans Neural Syst Rehabil Eng, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 468-72, Dec, 2005.
- J. L. D’Astous, B. A. MacWilliams, S. J. Kim, and K. N. Bachus, “Superficial versus deep transfer of the posterior tibialis tendon,” J Pediatr Orthop, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 245-8, Mar-Apr, 2005.
- B. Veeramani, K. Narayanan, A. Prasad, L. D. Iasemidis, A. S. Spanias, and K. Tsakalis, “Measuring the direction and the strength of coupling in nonlinear systems – A modeling approach in the state space,” Ieee Signal Processing Letters, vol. 11, no. 7, pp. 617-620, 2004.
- A. J. Sitek, G. T. Yamaguchi, D. E. Herring, C. J. Willems, D. Boninger, and R. M. Boninger, “Development of an inexpensive upper-extremity prosthesis for use in developing countries,” J. Prosth. Orth., vol. 16, pp. 94-102, 2004.
- M. Salmon, T. T. Jones, and K. W. Horch, “Ontogeny of diving and feeding behavior in juvenile seaturtles: Leatherback seaturtles (Dermochelys coriacea L) and green seaturtles (Chelonia mydas L) in the Florida current,” J. Herpetol., vol. 38, pp. 36-43, 2004.
- W. G. Qi, and S. Crook, “Tools for neuroinformatic data exchange: an XML application for neuronal morphology data,” Neurocomputing, vol. 58, pp. 1091-1095, 2004.
- S. M. Lawrence, G. S. Dhillon, W. Jensen, K. Yoshida, and K. W. Horch, “Acute peripheral nerve recording characteristics of polymer-based longitudinal intrafascicular electrodes,” IEEE Trans Neural Syst Rehabil Eng, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 345-8, Sep, 2004.
- D. L. Jindrich, A. D. Balakrishnan, and J. T. Dennerlein, “Finger joint impedance during tapping on a computer keyswitch,” Journal of Biomechanics, vol. 37, no. 10, pp. 1589-96, Oct, 2004.
- D. L. Jindrich, A. D. Balakrishnan, and J. T. Dennerlein, “Effects of keyswitch design and finger posture on finger joint kinematics and dynamics during tapping on computer keyswitches,” Clinical Biomechanical (Bristol, Avon), vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 600-8, Jul, 2004.
- K. Ichihara, T. Taguchi, T. Hashida, Y. Ochi, T. Murakami, and S. Kawai, “The treatment of far-out foraminal stenosis below a lumbosacral transitional vertebra – A report of two cases,” Journal of Spinal Disorders & Techniques, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 154-157, 2004.
- C. D. Eaton, S. Crook, G. Cummins, and G. Jacobs, “Modeling ion channels from the cricket cercal sensory system,” Neurocomputing, vol. 58, pp. 409-415, 2004.
- G. S. Dhillon, S. M. Lawrence, D. T. Hutchinson, and K. W. Horch, “Residual function in peripheral nerve stumps of amputees: implications for neural control of artificial limbs,” J Hand Surg [Am], vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 605-15; discussion 616-8, Jul, 2004.
- A. V. Yarkov, D. Hanger, M. Reploge, and J. N. Joyce, “Behavioral effects of dopamine agonists and antagonists in MPTP-lesioned D3 receptor knockout mice,” Pharmacol Biochem Behav, vol. 76, no. 3-4, pp. 551-62, Dec, 2003.
- R. Venugopal, K. Narayanan, A. Prasad, A. Spanias, J. C. Sackellares, and L. D. Iasemidis, “A new approach towards predictability of epileptic seizures: KLT dimension,” Biomed Sci Instrum, vol. 39, pp. 123-8, 2003.
- B. Veeramani, A. Prasad, K. Narayanan, A. Spanias, and L. D. Iasemidis, “Measuring information flow in nonlinear systems–a modeling approach in the state space,” Biomed Sci Instrum, vol. 39, pp. 65-70, 2003.
- S. Sabesan, K. Narayanan, A. Prasad, A. Spanias, J. C. Sackellares, and L. D. Iasemidis, “Predictability of epileptic seizures: a comparative study using Lyapunov exponent and entropy based measures,” Biomed Sci Instrum, vol. 39, pp. 129-35, 2003.
- S. A. Montero, A. Yarkov, M. Lemus, H. Mendoza, V. Valles, E. R. de Alvarez-Buylla, and R. Alvarez-Buylla, “Enhancing effect of vasopressin on the hyperglycemic response to carotid body chemoreceptor stimulation. Role of metabolic variables,” Adv Exp Med Biol, vol. 536, pp. 95-107, 2003.
- S. M. Lawrence, G. S. Dhillon, and K. W. Horch, “Fabrication and characteristics of an implantable, polymer-based, intrafascicular electrode,” J Neurosci Methods, vol. 131, no. 1-2, pp. 9-26, Dec 30, 2003.
- T. Kanchiku, T. Taguchi, K. Toyoda, K. Fujii, and S. Kawai, “Dynamic contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging of osteoporotic vertebral fracture,” Spine, vol. 28, no. 22, pp. 2522-6; discussion 2, Nov 15, 2003.
- T. Kanchiku, T. Taguchi, and S. Kawai, “Magnetic resonance imaging diagnosis and new classification of the osteoporotic vertebral fracture,” J Orthop Sci, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 463-6, 2003.
- D. L. Jindrich, Y. Zhou, T. Becker, and J. T. Dennerlein, “Non-linear viscoelastic models predict fingertip pulp force-displacement characteristics during voluntary tapping,” Journal of Biomechanical, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 497-503, Apr, 2003.
- K. Ichihara, T. Taguchi, I. Sakuramoto, S. Kawano, and S. Kawai, “Mechanism of the spinal cord injury and the cervical spondylotic myelopathy: new approach based on the mechanical features of the spinal cord white and gray matter,” Journal of Neurosurgery, vol. 99, no. 3, pp. 278-285, 2003.
- L. D. Iasemidis, P. M. Pardalos, D. S. Shiau, W. Chaovalitw ongse, K. Narayanan, S. Kumar, P. R. Carney, and J. C. Sackellares, “Prediction of human epileptic seizures based on optimization and phase changes of brain electrical activity,” Optimization Methods & Software, vol. 18, pp. 81-104, 2003.
- J. C. Gillette, and J. J. Abbas, “Foot placement alters the mechanisms of postural control while standing and reaching,” IEEE Trans Neural Syst Rehabil Eng, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 377-85, Dec, 2003.
- G. I. Cummins, S. M. Crook, A. G. Dimitrov, T. Ganje, G. A. Jacobs, and J. P. Miller, “Structural and biophysical mechanisms underlying dynamic sensitivity of primary sensory interneurons in the cricket cercal sensory system,” Neurocomputing, vol. 52-4, pp. 45-52, 2003.
- B. S. Bregman, J.-V. Coumans, H. Dai, J. V. Lynskey, D. Iarikov, M. McAtee, and F. Sandhu, “Recovery of locomotion and skilled forelimb function after spinal cord injury in rats: Effects of transplants and neurotrophic factors,” Topics in Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation, vol. 8, pp. 52-68, 2003.
- H. Wang, and R. Jung, “Variability analyses suggest that supraspino-spinal interactions provide dynamic stability in motor control,” Brain Res, vol. 930, no. 1-2, pp. 83-100, Mar 15, 2002.
- S. J. Mulligan, E. Knapp, B. Thompson, and R. Jung, “A method for assessing balance control in rodents,” Biomed Sci Instrum, vol. 38, pp. 77-82, 2002.
- D. Li, and R. Jung, “Tracking rhythmicity in nonstationary quasi-periodic biomedical signals using adaptive time-varying covariance,” Comput Biol Med, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 261-82, Jul, 2002.
- S. M. Lawrence, J. O. Larsen, K. W. Horch, R. Riso, and T. Sinkjaer, “Long-term biocompatibility of implanted polymer-based intrafascicular electrodes,” J Biomed Mater Res, vol. 63, no. 5, pp. 501-6, 2002.
- D. L. Jindrich, and R. J. Full, “Dynamic stabilization of rapid hexapedal locomotion,” J Exp Biol, vol. 205, no. Pt 18, pp. 2803-23, Sep, 2002.
- K. W. Horch, M. Salmon, and R. Forward, “Evidence for a two pigment visual system in the fiddler crab, Uca thayeri,” J. Comp. Physiol. A., vol. 188, pp. 493-499, 2002.
- J. C. Gillette, N. E. Quick, and J. J. Abbas, “Center of pressure measures to assess standing performance,” Biomed Sci Instrum, vol. 38, pp. 239-44, 2002.
- S. Crook, J. Miller, and G. Jacobs, “Modeling frequency encoding in the cricket cercal sensory system,” Neurocomputing, vol. 44, pp. 769-773, 2002.
- B. S. Bregman, J. V. Coumans, H. N. Dai, P. L. Kuhn, J. Lynskey, M. McAtee, and F. Sandhu, “Transplants and neurotrophic factors increase regeneration and recovery of function after spinal cord injury,” Prog Brain Res, vol. 137, pp. 257-73, 2002.